Scope of Services
The Energy Group will assist Your Company’s generating facilities (the “Facilities”) in obtaining a control area certification status from a regional regulating agency such as NERC, SPP, SERC, etc. and provide technical support in the development of infrastructure for control area operations as described below:
- Completion of agency Control Area certification questionnaire (approx. 112 pages)
- Procedural development associated with compliance to NERC operating requirements and required for certification.
- Assist in developing EMS (Energy Management System) and communication links from the Facility to the control area including SCADA and true time devices.
- Provide NERC and agency control area operations staff support via The Energy Group staff.
- Interface with Your Company’s plant operators and designated trader/asset managers to coordinate operations and communications with the control center. Support control area duties and services as required by NERC, including but not limited to:
- Technical development of AGC (Automatic Generation Control) services.
- Establish frequency bias settings according to agency criteria.
- Technical support in development of frequency regulation.
- Provide reserve sharing management services, including the management of operating reserves. Provided a separate agreement is reached, The Energy Group will represent Your Company and assist in managing Your Company’s provision of reserves in accordance with NERC requirements.
- Develop scheduling services, including dynamic schedules.
- Develop procedures for system restoration after disturbances,
including from a complete blackout condition, if applicable.
- Administrative support for agency certification for the control area including all applicable requirements of the regional agency and NERC, and their successors.